On Tuesday, November 28th, KidsVoice hosted a “Pro Bono Thank You” reception for attorneys who assisted KidsVoice and its clients. Volunteers from K&L Gates, PNC, Buchanan Ingersoll, Zimmer Kunz, Frost Brown Todd, Morgan Lewis, and FedEx Ground attended the reception which was generously hosted by PNC at their “Park” atrium space in PNC Tower with gorgeous views of the sunset over the city.
The event was an opportunity to recognize and thank the individual attorneys and provide them the chance to learn about the cumulative impact and good resulting from the pro bono partnerships and projects with the following law firms and legal departments:
• FedEx Ground – Provide ongoing claims administration and support for youth who are members of a class action lawsuit involving a compensatory educational services fund available to foster children who were discriminated against and deprived of their education.
• K&L Gates – Assist in expunging the juvenile records of KidsVoice clients which otherwise would be barriers to employment, housing, military enlistment, etc., and provide pro bono employment law services to KidsVoice.
• PNC Legal Department – Provide trust and estate work for KidsVoice clients in need of special needs trusts or other estate and trust matters, as well as manage compensatory educational service funds awarded to clients.
• Morgan Lewis – Assist with employee benefits issues and client employment matters and immigration and expungement issues.
• Zimmer Kunz – representation of clients in tort and personal injury matters.
• Frost Brown Todd – pro bono assistance in negotiating oil & gas rights
KidsVoice is grateful for the pro bono support provided and leveraging the resources of these law firm partnerships to make even more of a difference in children’s lives.